5 Technology Trends To Adopt For Your Ecommerce Brand In 2022
As the eCommerce industry continues to grow, the need for brands to innovate and stay ahead of the curve is more important than ever. There’s no denying that the eCommerce industry is evolving at an incredibly rapid pace. The industry’s rate of change in the last decade alone has been staggering and we’re not even close to hitting a plateau yet. This means that the year 2022 will bring a ton of new innovations and technology trends which will primarily affect eCommerce brands.
It’s a given that brands are struggling to keep up with the latest trends as they come and go. However, there is no need to fret — simply pay attention to these 5 eCommerce market trends, and you can easily stay ahead of the game. By adapting your business to these technology trends, you’ll be well on your way to a successful 2022!
Ecommerce technology trends to look out for in 2022
These are the 5 most crucial eCommerce technology trends that will govern your eCommerce business’ ups and downs in 2022.
1. MACH Architecture
Create a compelling ecommerce solution with MACH Architecture and make your disruptive business ideas a reality. MACH stands for Microservices, API-First, Cloud-Native SaaS, and Headless Commerce. These phenomenal technologies combined under one roof form the MACH Architecture. With microservices-based architecture your business can rapidly adapt to ever-changing market requirements by creating efficient and creative business solutions using one building block at a time. These can thus be put together to perform large and complex functions.
By implementing API-first, you can use the best in breed software to create innovative solutions without being limited by restrictions of any one tech stack. Additionally, your concerns about security, scalability, and reliability can be put to rest with a reliable and auto-scalable cloud-native system. Like cherry on the cake, using Headless Commerce, you can create highly personalised and consistent buyer journeys across multiple channels and devices. You can engage customers on the channels they prefer and convert them quickly by offering them experiences they won’t want to miss.
- MACH Architecture helps in delivering — features and capabilities in weeks rather than months or years
- Reduced time and effort to get new features and capabilities to market
- Lower cost of ownership as compared to traditional software models
- API-first design makes it possible for channels such as mobile apps, chatbots, or even voice assistants to be built without having any knowledge of the underlying eCommerce store
2. Progressive Web Apps (PWA)
PWA builds hybrid apps for your online store. This implies that when your website is opened in a browser, it looks, feels and functions like an app.PWAs make your online store faster, more engaging and offers a seamless shopping experience across all devices. PWAs can be accessible even when you have poor internet connectivity.
Progressive web apps open up new markets for brands and also help them reach a wider customer base. With apps fatigue being a real thing PWAs help in engaging customers without asking them to download the apps.
- Cross-device compatibility makes it work even on entry level devices in far off markets
- Simplified coding helps your brand implement changes quickly
- No requirement for approval makes it easy to reflect and sync site-wide changes on PWA stores
- Less time and effort makes development faster and cost effective
3. Personalized Shopping Experience
Being able to personalize products will enhance the overall customer experience, which could lead to more sales for eCommerce brands. As technology trends continue to develop, eCommerce brands will have more opportunities to create personalized shopping experiences for their customers.
- Brands could use personalized AI technology to analyze customer behavior and create targeted marketing campaigns
- By offering personalized shopping experiences, eCommerce brands can increase customer loyalty and encourage more sales
Customer journeys are no longer linear. Online buyers comb through 4 channels on an average before making a purchase decision. By using multiple channels to reach potential customers, you can increase the chances that they’ll buy from you. Implementing an omnichannel strategy involves adding multiple customer touchpoints like online stores, mobile apps, social channels, offline store or any other new age customer touchpoints like IoT devices etc.
- Using this type of business model gives scope for experimentation and helps you measure which channels are bringing in the most return on investment (ROI)
- By measuring your total ROI, it will be easier to determine which channel is more effective than another
5. Voice And Image Search
Voice and image search are other most happening technology trends for eCommerce brands in 2022. Voice and image search can transform ecommerce by making online shopping smarter, granular and personalized. Brands can use these to their advantage by ensuring they have good, easy-to-find images of each product on their website or social media pages and elaborate product descriptions that optimize voice search patterns. This will help improve customer engagement and eventually conversions.
- Ability to get more orders through new-age devices like Amazon Alexa and Google Home
- Optimizing your brand for these touchpoints can give you a winning edge
Sky’s the limit for what brands can achieve with all of these cutting-edge technology trends. But if you want to stay ahead, it’s best to start developing a strategy now, so that your brand will be prepared by 2022.
Want help figuring out how? You have got a list of technology trends to adopt for resounding success in 2022. The only thing you need now is choosing the right ecommerce platform to power your online brand.
Looking for expert recommendations? Don’t go by what they say while selling it to you, make an informed choice by signing up for a free trial to experience its technology and the benefits you get.