5 Best Saree and Lehenga Multi Vendor Marketplaces In India
Are you going to open the lehenga and saree shop online? Would you like to raise your income from online sales of saree and lehenga? Do you want to create trust in online shoppers in order to keep them heading to your store?
So here is a pool of details, where you’ll find India’s top 5 saree and lehenga multi vendor marketplaces that make millions by selling the Indian ethnic wear. Plus, you will get an easy approach towards opening your own marketplace. Before stepping in,
Let’s focus on the top 4 investments that have made such websites popular
- Focus on smartphone shoppers with the introduction of the marketplace app
- Focus on flawless customer experience with a magnificent website via mobiles and desktops
- Focus on meeting clients on social media with heavy promotions
- Focus on Consumer Personalization via push and email alerts
So let’s disclose them now.
Myntra website hosts 16 million shoppers per month and has over 60 product categories. and women’s Indian wear segment earns the highest number of sales.
4 tactics implemented by Myntra that are an inspiration to new e-commerce owner:
- A smartphone-friendly website that boosted mobile orders
- Leveraging personalized shopping experience via push for marketplace app users and email alerts to email subscribers
- Beautiful storefront with clear images, proper page linking, and large fonts to simplify the purchase
- Integration of online payment gateways to ensure a safe and quick payment experience
Their very popular Flipkart Fashion signature attracts enormous customer attention. Under the ethnic wear, it has a dedicated subcategory of saree and lehenga lovers.
How did Flipkart gain 49 million online shoppers?
- A strategic marketing campaign on Google and social media sites by collaborating with influencers and celebrities to promote their multi vendor marketplace
- With a mobile-optimized website and marketplace app, a uniform shopping interface on smartphones and tablets
- Product pages that mesmerize the customers to press the link, check out and place an order
- Advanced filtering is available in the saree and lehenga category helping customers to tailor their results according to their personal choices
Amazon is the biggest marketplace, not only in India but in the world. And do you know? Around 1,10,000 buyers in India look for ‘Amazon saree’ directly when browsing on Google.
Tactics that have drawn 103 million users a month on their website:
- Saree and Lehengas product pages are filled with information like fabric description, dimensions, available saree color, brand name, etc to satisfy buyers’ thirst for researching before purchasing
- Upselling and crossing are efficiently used. Examples: order again (the cloth they have ordered in the past), browsing history-based product suggestions
- Fast navigation of the website which supports the easy discovery of desired items. For easy shopping without confusion, Amazon now has a search bar on the top of the website
- Strong presence on-line. When anyone looks for ‘saree online’ or ‘lehenga’, Amazon’s website appears on Google’s first page. This is due to digital marketing and SEO (search engine optimization)
For both men and women, Ajio is an online fashion store. It has 150+ ethnic wear dealers selling sarees, suits, lehengas, kurta, etc.
What inspired Ajio’s 2.7 million customers to shop regularly from them?
- Their marketing campaign uses discounts, coupons, referral policies to promote the sale of sarees and lehengas. They also actively advertise their sales on social networks and search engines
- Quick navigation for consumers to quickly explore items and move between groups. They have a menu bar and a search bar that directs a user to make transactions
- Customers are equipped with flexible payment options such as cash on delivery, net banking, and credit card, mobile wallet, to reduce cart abandonment and drive fast transactions
5. Nykaa Fashion
A multi-vendor fashion marketplace that sells a variety of items for women wearing 300+ products. There are various types, such as Indian wear, western wear, jewelry, etc.
- Marketplace app to increase the experience of smartphone shopping. Growing mobile purchases and winning the confidence of consumers of smartphones
- Multi-currency aid for international payments and convergence for fast payments with international payment gateways
- Rich product pages that include information of distribution, shipping time, vendors, brand, return policy, size, and products
- Foreign shipping to 13 countries such as the United States, the United Kingdom, the UAE, Australia, Afghanistan, Hong Kong, South Africa, etc
If you have all the resources you can refer to back and forth, are you still thinking to postpone opening your marketplace? You won’t refrain from opening an amazing store! We know! And the course of action to launch your online saree store is here:
Step 1: Research your audience and competitors. Grab the marketing and internet tactics of your competitors.
Step 2: Select a Marketplace builder that can automate the online saree and lehenga store creation task. It should be easy to use, has rich characteristics and does not require coding.
Step 3: Buy a domain name, e.g. ethinicproducts.com, (that would be your online business name). It’s meant to be catchy, quick to recall, and pronounce.
Step 4: Sign up and start making your website with the best marketplace app and website builder.
Simple and effective!
Get started with a 14 days free trial of the best marketplace builder to test its features and functionality.