The online mobile phone market has witnessed stunning returns since 2015. Well, we know that you do not believe in statements. That’s why we collected some recent statistics that proved to be the success rate of the multi-vendor marketplace selling gadgets on the internet.
- Online purchases of mobile phones showed an increase of 17% from year to year in 2019
- 53% of online smartphone sales are bagged by Flipkart. While Amazon grabs 36% and the rest 11% is shared by MI.
- The festival season sale, launched by Flipkart and Amazon in October 2020, saw an 80 -100% increase in sales of smartphones and other gadgets.
Well if it prompts you to open an online gadget store, then you are in the right place.
Read till the end as we are going to reveal top strategies used by successful gadget marketplace to attract buyers on their website.
Surprises which we promise to give you in this blog-
- 5 e-commerce sites that are making huge profits in online mobile phone sales.
- Roadmap of creating online stores selling their gadgets using Marketplace Builder.
Let’s walk through it.
Top 5 Multi-Vendor Marketplaces that are experts in selling online gadgets
Although Amazon has product categories in many consumer goods, their gadget category is given the most attention, especially during festive sales.
4 strategies that supercharged their e-commerce sales
- Navigation menu guides buyers from the home page to the gadget category i.e. “Mobile and more”. From there, buyers can choose the gadget they want to buy. Like tablets, mobile or other electronics
- Sales friendly category pages and product pages that persuades a buyer to purchase instantly
- Social media integration on the website allows sharing of purchase or products on social media platforms
- Informative product pages that display ratings, reviews, delivery dates, payment process, return policy, offer, comparison options, which are very useful to make purchase decisions
The presence of Flipkart has been strong in the online mobile and gadget market. They have been capable of beating the rival, Amazon, through competitive pricing, irresistible offers, and consistent promotions.
4 strategies that supercharged their e-commerce sales
- Promoted their marketplace by sending emails to registered customers and running ads on social media. This helped in spreading word about their latest deals, offers and new launches.
- Pushing heavy discounts of 50% and 70%(with limited time offers) on mobile phones to get customers to buy immediately without fear of missing out.
- Availability of multiple payment gateways and to promote their payment partners, they applied crazy discounts. Example: extra 20% discount to SBI debit/credit card buyers.
- Stunning product assortment such as mobile phones, camera phones, Samsung phones (brand assortment), new launches, best-selling mobile, etc under 15K.
3. Reliance Digital
A division of Reliance Retail dedicated to offering online electronics from 8000+ physical stores selling in over 600 cities in India.
3 strategies that made customers trust and make purchases
- The major search bar in the header of the website gives customers the freedom to directly search for the gadget they want.
- Great promotion of festive offers on the homepage and social media pages of the website.
- Impressive category pages that recommend products based on each shopper’s purchase behavior. Such as — shop by price, purchase by mobile phone battery, shop by bestseller, etc.
It is an electronic selling multi-vendor marketplace that receives 1.3 million buyers every month on its website. There are also 200+ vendors in their offline and online stores. Let’s learn more.
3 strategies that supercharged their e-commerce sales
- A simple and elegant home page displaying the products in a unique manner. Example: Shop by new launches, shop by bestselling.
- Advance category filtration to adjust the recommendation of the gadget according to the preferences of the buyer. For example — In the computer and tablet category, they offer search filtration options like excluding a brand or choosing a specific color.
- Advance Product Comparison option which lets buyers compare the prices offered by different brands.
Started in 2011 and after five years of continuous hard work (in 2016) they surpassed 100 million monthly visits on their online marketplace. They have a devoted category for “mobile phones”, which get maximum attention compared to other categories.
5 strategies used to supercharge e-commerce sales
- The phenomenal vendor support allowed 5 million merchants to sell freely with no restrictions.
- By investing in perfect delivery solutions, they are able to deliver to 30,000 cities in India.
- Due to the huge flow of customers on the website, they decided to launch a dedicated mobile app for a seamless shopping experience.
- Focused on creating a fast, mobile-friendly marketplace as 60% of their buyers were mobile users.
- Easy navigation that promotes fast checkout which has no obstacles to the purchase process.
How to create electronic gadgets marketplace with a marketplace builder: Guide to success
Do the above e-commerce brands give you the motivation to start a gadget marketplace? Yes?
So are you ready for the next step?
If your answer is yes, great you are ready for the next step i.e. choose the best marketplace vendor.
The top 5 features that are important in your marketplace website builder
1. Seller support
A marketplace builder without vendor’s support is incomplete. Make sure it has 2 functions. First, a personal dashboard for registered vendors that allows them to manage their orders, product inventory. Seconds, admin dashboard to overlook the activities of vendors, total online sales, etc.
2. Discount mechanism
To attract potential online buyers, you need a discount mechanism. Discount Engine to offer product-based, order-based and time-specific discounts to drive maximum sales.
3. Seller comparison
An ultimate means to increase purchases and earn returning customers. It provides you with the functionality of activating filtration or comparison options to review the ratings of sellers.
4. SEO tools
You need inbuilt SEO tools to rank your website on Google and attract more buyers on your store. Using tools you can optimize your website for keywords like ‘online gadget store’, ‘mobile phone online’, etc which is majorly typed by people who want to purchase gadgets.
5. Easy to use themes
You website builder should have a rich collection of attention grabbing themes that give utmost attention to mobile users. This means it should be mobile-friendly.
If your marketplace builder has all these 5 features, then it’s a green signal that your selection is perfect.
Want to test the capabilities of marketplace software? Get started with the 14 days free trial of a feature rich marketplace builder.