4 Ways B2B Ecommerce Customization help you Boost Conversions
We live in a world where everyone wants to live in their “own ways”, shop in their “own ways”, and expect businesses to deliver accordingly.
Think about how people place orders in the restaurants. They want their pizza to be without tomato and lots of avocado, want their burger to be cooked at medium flame, and a lot more of customizations.
Same goes with B2B ecommerce. As the expectations of modern customers are changing and they want everything as per their individual preferences, the business has to deliver it accordingly. In fact, customization has become one of the top business hacks to boost conversions.
Don’t believe it. The research backs this up, claiming that over 83% of B2B customers expect the in-depth understanding of their needs. It clearly reflects their need for personalization.
Now, if you don’t want to sail the boat in the opposite direction, you need to offer customization options while dealing in B2B ecommerce. And it is not only about the need of your large-scale business but you will equally enjoy seeing improved customer satisfaction, better loyalty of customers, increasing business revenues and much more.
Top 4 ways to achieve customization that can help you boost B2B ecommerce conversions
1. Ensure Long-Term Website Engagement
“First impression is the last impression”. This quote goes so well for the websites. The prospect has just landed on your website. But whether to stay or bounce back, it depends on the first impression made by your ecommerce website.
Let’s understand how to make a great first impression?
- First of all, your B2B ecommerce website should be well-optimized for modern day devices like mobile, desktop, tablet etc. Choose a platform that has hundreds of fully responsive website themes and a powerful admin panel for customizations
- Another requirement is a mobile-ready website simply because everyone is on mobile now. Well, we are not talking only about the visibility of websites on mobile. Rather, it should support PWAs (Progressive Web Apps) to look, feel, and behave like a mobile site on any device
- Choose a next-generation B2B ecommerce solution that supports high speed loading of websites. No customer would wait for your wholesale site with thousands of products to load and get frustrated. Instead, offer a fast and responsive website experience to your customers and see your conversions moving up.
2. Content Personalization
Understanding your customers and personalizing for them is the key to wholesale business success. If you have the right business and customer insights, it can help you sell the right offerings to your customers. It is quite interesting how these insights can make or break your business.
But first things first. Before you dive into these insights, you need to create ideal customer profiles that can help you focus on attracting quality leads. Once this job is done, you can easily personalize the content of your B2B ecommerce website according to the customer profiles.
Start personalizing the content by delivering personalized messages, content recommendations, and experiences to your customers that goes well with their account, buyer journey stage, industry in real-time. You can also create IP-based landing pages to target the audience available on the specific IP address origin. These solutions have a very positive impact on the customer conversions. To do it all, you need a best-in-class B2B ecommerce solution that offers a variety of tools to help you with content personalization.
3. Boosting Email Engagement
Email marketing remains one of the top marketing tools and helps generate superb engagement opportunities. Without any surprises, there is a whopping increase in the email revenues from the personalized campaigns. It helps you target the customers at different stages and shoot the email in real time.
Imagine a customer has enquired about a product on your B2B ecommerce website and then left. Now, you know that the customer is interested but could not take the decision right away. At this buying stage, if you will send a generic email to that customer, most probably it would not convert. But at the same time, if you will send a personalized email asking for a reason to buy or talk directly about the enquired product, the customer is more likely to respond and get converted.
With the right email marketing tools in a B2B ecommerce solution at your disposal, you can nail the conversions like a PRO. Here’s how you can do it.
- Build the email address list of the business prospects
- Use segmentation strategy to target the specific email users
- Implement automation options to communicate with the prospects and nurture their interest
- Maximize your email efforts by sending welcome emails, or subscription confirmation, and alike
- Lastly, create lead nurture campaigns that include a series of emails to be sent to prospects at specified time or buying stage
Along with this, a right B2B ecommerce solution can help you convert customers with automated emails, seamless integration with third-party mass mailing tools, unified notifications, and a bunch of other options to help strengthen your B2B marketing strategy
4. Reduce the Conversion Friction
Nobody likes to spend hours filling the lengthy forms to tell their requirements. And this includes your prospects too.
Agree that business requires the current data of customers but it should not frustrate your B2B customers. If you really want to collect the data while engaging the customers, don’t ask them to fill lengthy forms. Rather here is what you can do.
Simplify the conversion form with the customization practices. For example, prefill the information you already have so that the customer doesn’t need to repeat themselves.
- Limit the number of fields used in the forms
- Get rid of any confused buttons, error handling or any other pull-down messages that can create any kind of conversion frictions
- Use pricing overrides to have a customized pricing strategy on your B2B ecommerce website. While B2B pricing should always be customer-centric, overriding prices help you build custom checkout experiences by providing upgrade pricing. Choose a state-of-the-art ecommerce platform that supports pricing overrides features and allows you to customize the pricing according to customer needs
- Advanced Search is implemented to group the items into different categories and allow the B2B customers to filter their search and narrow down the results. It reduces their efforts and time while buying from your website
- Choose a B2B ecommerce solution that can help you offer personalized catalogues. An interactive catalogue has many benefits like easy access with login credentials, pricing and stock updates in real-time, price personalization for each customer, and many more
Make the way to customize your B2B ecommerce business
Now when you know how customization can drive customer conversions and help you achieve better business profits; you just have to put it to implementation in your wholesale business. We all know that whether it is B2B or B2C, the business should always aim to deliver the best to the customers. B2B customizations are a bit more complex and you need the right technology for the job.
Make your way to best-in-class B2B customization with an ecommerce platform that fits the large-scale business patter. Your B2B ecommerce solution should have a B2B specific module with a wide range of personalization options for your store. Explore all the features and customizable options by scheduling your free online store trial here.